28 C
Hua Hin
Thursday, July 25, 2024

Israeli boy dies from box jellyfish sting on Koh Phangan

SURAT THANI: A nine-year-old Israeli boy died after being stung by a box jellyfish while playing in the water at a beach on Koh Phangan island on Saturday.

Poonsak Soponpathumrak, the Koh Phangan district chief, reported the incident to governor Wichawut Jinto.

Mr Poonsak said the boy and his family were playing in the water at Hat Rin beach, in front of Seaview Sunrise lodging house at Moo 6 village in tambon Ban Tai, about 5.30pm.

The father heard his son cry for help and run up onto the beach. The boy had red marks on his right arm and legs and became dizzy. The father poured vinegar onto the stings and called Koh Phangan International Hospital. The boy died on the way to the hospital.

Read More…

sunnyd
Author: sunnyd

Hua Hin Features

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

1,976FansLike
2,563FollowersFollow
545SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Hua Hin News

- Advertisement -